Thursday 18 March 2010

State jobbies

More brilliance from the Daily Mash:

THE majority of the UK workforce do not really know what they are supposed to be doing while they are at the office, according to new research.

The Institute for Studies found that 64% of employees turn up and sit at a computer and then stay there until it feels like it is okay to leave.

Roy Hobbs, a person who turns up most days from Hatfield, said: "I think I'm supposed to be head of, I dunno, some personnel bullshit thing.

"Or maybe team leader, or assistant product supervisor. Fuck knows. To be honest, I can't remember what it said on the advert.

"A couple of years ago I filled in some form, told the normal amount of lies during a 30 minute interview, they said something about pensions and then I went for a couple of pints."

He added: "I get a lot of emails from someone called Tony who goes on about purchasing or something and sometimes asks me about my kids. I forward them to someone called Ian. Or I ignore them.

"Otherwise I just type the names of random dangerous animals into Google. I think it's going well."

Ah, non-jobs. Kind of reminds me of North Korea. That's nice, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment